The Board of the Academy of Finland includes a chair and at least five and at most seven members appointed by the Finnish Government for a three-year term. The term of the current Board expires on 31 December 2018.
The Government seeks to ensure that the the Academy's Board and research councils have a wide range and a high level of scientific expertise.
- Chair, Professor Heikki Ruskoaho, University of Helsinki
- Vice Chair, Director Leena Suurpää, Finnish Red Cross
- Professor Pertti Alasuutari, University of Tampere
- Professor Riitta Keiski, University of Oulu
- Professor Arto Mustajoki, University of Helsinki
- Head of Technology and Product Development, Docent Marita Niemelä, Neste Jacobs
- Academician Risto Nieminen, Aalto University
The Academy of Finland is a public funding agency for scientific research. The organisation consists of the Academy Board, four research councils, the Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee and the Strategic Research Council.