The Board of the Academy of Finland includes a chair and at least five and at most seven members appointed by the Finnish Government for a three-year term. The term of the current Board expires on 31 December 2021.
The Government seeks to ensure that the the Academy's Board and research councils have a wide range and a high level of scientific expertise.
- Chair, Professor Johanna Myllyharju, University of Oulu
- Vice Chair, Professor Per Mickwitz, Lund University
- Professor Martti Kauranen (Tampere University)
- Professor Heikki Kröger (University of Eastern Finland)
- Professor Erika Löfström (University of Helsinki)
- Head of Technology and Product Development, Docent Marita Niemelä (Neste Engineering Solutions).
The Academy of Finland is a public funding agency for scientific research. The organisation consists of the Academy Board, three research councils, the Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee and the Strategic Research Council.