The Academy of Finland processes personal data of funding applicants, stakeholders and our own personnel. We process the personal data in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and the Finnish Data Protection Act. We are committed to following good governance and data processing practices.
For more detailed descriptions of the categories of personal data we collect and their processing, please see our privacy policies below. The policies describe the purpose and legal basis for collecting personal data, the sources of data, the parties to whom we disclose data, whether the data are processed outside the EEA and how the data will be destroyed when their processing is no longer required. They also include information on the data subjects’ rights to their own data.
We may outsource processing tasks to third-party service providers as provided for in and in compliance with data protection legislation.
All requests based on the data subject’s rights and observations of possible breaches of data protection legislation should be sent to the Academy of Finland’s Registrar’s Office by email, email@example.com.
- Academy of Finland's Webropol surveys (PDF)
- Survey on career development, research impact and mobility of Postdoctoral Researchers (PDF)
- Academy of Finland’s stakeholder survey 2018 (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's client and event management system Sakari (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's newsletters (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's digital asset library Cumulus (PDF)
- Xpert Search (PDF)
- SRC project extranet (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's media monitoring for strategic research (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's help desk (PDF)
- Academy of Finland's personal data file for research funding (PDF)
We collect data on how our website is used. Such data include pages viewed, IP address and server, country, search words used, time of visit, computer or web browser, and from what page the visitor accessed our website. The data collected with cookies is stored on servers within the EU/EEA.
We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service that tracks website traffic. The service produces anonymous statistical data and processes cookie data to help us find out how many visits our site gets, how many visitors use the site, which browsers they use, and in which country, city or region the visitors are located.
Learn more about Google Analytics.