April 2013 call includes funding for new research programme and research infrastructures
6 Mar 2013
The Academy’s April 2013 call for applications is now available online.
Applications can be drafted and submitted in the online services as of Tuesday 2 April. The deadline is Wednesday 24 April. The deadlines for the international calls vary from 11 March to 24 May 2013. Please check the deadlines in the call for applications.
The Research Programme on the Future of Learning, Knowledge and Skills (TULOS) will be launched in April 2013. The research projects under the programme are aligned with 21st century knowledge and skills needs in education and at work as well as the needs of future societies and the future global world.
Within the thematic areas of the Research Programme on the Human Mind (MIND), funding is available for joint projects with Russian and Chinese researchers. Applications are also invited within a number of targeted international calls.
The FIRI 2013 call for research infrastructures will also open in April 2013. Within this call, the Academy provides funding for the acquisition, establishment or strengthening of nationally significant research infrastructures that promote scientific research. The aim is to upgrade the quality and accelerate the renewal, competitiveness and interdisciplinary approach of Finnish research. Another aim is to increase the appeal of Finnish research environments and to boost the national and international collaboration of Finnish universities, research teams and researchers.
The Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity, the Academy of Finland, Universities Finland UNIFI and the Rectors Conference for Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences (Arene) have prepared a new model for a researcher’s CV. Applicants for Academy funding are requested to draft their CVs in line with this model.
Funding open for application in April 2013:
For research projects
- Research Programme on the Future of Learning, Knowledge and skills (TULOS), letters of intent
- The Human Mind (MIND) research programme, international calls (Russia, China)
- ERA-NET NEURON 2013, The human mind
Targeted international calls
- WoodWisdom-Net+: Research on forest industry transformation
- ERA-NET NORFACE: Welfare State Futures Research Programme
- European Joint Programming Initiatives (JPI)
- JPND, neurodegenerative diseases research
- FACCE JPI, agricultural greenhouse gas research
- ERA-NET ERAfrica: Interfacing Challenges
- NOS-HS: Nordic exploratory workshops in the field of culture and society
- Funding for NSF Graduate Research Fellows for research spells in Finland
- Research infrastructure call FIRI 2013
- www.aka.fi/eng > Funding & Guidance > Apply now > April 2013 call for applications
- www.aka.fi/eng > Funding & Guidance > Apply now > April 2013 call: What’s new
- www.aka.fi/eng > Funding & Guidance > How to apply > Appendices
- Model CV: www.aka.fi/eng > Curriculum vitae and the Advisory Board’s website
- Science advisers and programme managers named in the call for applications
Academy of Finland Communications
Communications Specialist Vesa Varpula
tel. +358 29 533 5131